Most of our core facilities use iLab, an online system that integrates service requests, instrumentation scheduling and billing for core services (Glassware Preparation, Media Preparation, and Zebrafish excepted). Use of the system requires a one-time registration. Once registered, the system enables users to place service and training requests, reserve instrumentation (following training), provide required approvals, and monitor progress.
For internal users
Requirements: MIT Kerberos ID and MIT cost object
- Login and register at MIT iLab using your MIT Kerberos ID and password. If you plan to use an MIT cost object and do not have an MIT Kerberos ID, your PI will need to sponsor you for a guest MIT Kerberos account.
- Upon successful authentication, you will be prompted to select your PI/lab from the pull-down list and provide your phone number. If your PI is not listed, ask Core staff for guidance.
- Submit the completed registration form. Submission will notify your PI (or their designee) of your lab membership request.
- You will be sent an email with basic instructions on using the system at this time. However, you will not be able to access services with your new account until your lab membership request has been approved by your PI or their designee.
For external users
External user form (all users)
- Purchase order number (all users)
- Technical Services Agreement (external industry users)
Contact Core staff for forms and guidance.